Friday, April 28, 2006

High Score - Jeehun Hwang's Track 16 for Mechwarrior 2.

I just loaded up some old action tunes from a CD I had laying around, and found a bunch of cool tracks I'll be presenting here.

This is Track 16 from the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack. Mechwarrior 2 was released in 1995, and was one of the first games to feature 3dfx graphics, which would be one of the biggest leaps into 3d video gaming technology. The game won many Game of the Year awards, with its incredible visuals, audio, gameplay and music. This track was the most memorable for me, and I've kept hold of it for about 5 years o_O.

This track fit perfectly with the Mechwarrior game. Your mech would be lumbering across barren 3D battlezones, walking from waypoint to waypoint, watching the clouds soar past.

No comments: